Software Engineering - Old Questions
1. Differentiate between software engineering and system engineering.
Software engineering is an engineering discipline that is concerned with all aspects of software production. Software engineering focus on cost effective development of high-quality software system. The result of software engineering is an effective and reliable software product.
System engineering is an interdisciplinary field of engineering and engineering management that focus on how to design and manage complex system over their life cycle.
Difference between software engineering and system engineering
- Software engineering highly focuses on implementing quality software while system engineers highly concern about the users and domains.
- Software engineering includes in computer science or computer based engineering background while system engineering may covers a broader education area includes Engineering, Mathematics and Computer science.).
- Software engineers focus solely on software components while system engineering deals with a substantial amount of physical component of computers.
- Software Engineering deals with designing and developing software of the highest quality, while Systems Engineering is the sub discipline of engineering, which deals with the overall management of engineering projects during their life cycle.
- Software engineering techniques such as use-case modeling and configuration management are being used in the systems engineering process.